A complete understanding of the new architecture, software and protocols involved, switches, controllers and applications is essential for network personnel going forward and they can start applying it within their respective networking domains.
By taking this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- gain insight into the motivation for SDN by highlighting the present networking challenges
- develop detailed understanding of SDN architectures and OpenFlow protocol.
- Gain hands-on experience with simulating a virtual open flow network and visualizing the basic OpenFlow messages and operations with wireshark
- write and test the controller applications to act as hub, layer2 learning, layer3 and firewall
- overview on SDN Ecosystem that includes OpenStack, OpenDayLight, NFV, Network Virtualization (NV)
- SDN use cases already in production in Enterprise Campus/WAN/Service Provider and Datacenter Security
This 2-day SDN Foundations workshop is intended for all networking and IT professionals who are interested to learn core SDN related skills and achieve ONF Certified SDN Engineer certification.
Attendees are expected to have thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals, Layer 2/3, Layer 4-7 Services.
- Bangalore, India
Dec 19-20, 2016
Time: 9AM – 5:00PM IST